Irish holidaymakers heading to Valencia in the coming months will be able to enjoy the nightlife thanks to new government proposals.
As the number of cases begins to drop in the holiday hotspot, regional president Ximo Puig said health officials plan to reopen all nightlife as early as October 9.
Plans are underway to ensure that all vaccinated people are allowed entry as long as they have documentation proving they have received both doses.
Confirmation of details has yet to be given, but it is understood that unvaccinated people would also be allowed in with negative test results or proof of recovery from the virus.
Local Covid measures are under review on September 27, shortly after which an official update is expected to be given.
Passengers traveling to Valencia during the winter will need to provide a certificate proving vaccination, negative test results or recovery in order to be allowed entry without quarantine.
Certificates must be written in Spanish, English, French or German. If it is not possible to obtain the original in one of these languages, the supporting document must be accompanied by a translation into Spanish, drawn up by an official body.
All passengers will be required to adhere to all restrictions in place to stop the spread of the virus, including wearing a mask for anyone over six years of age under the following circumstances:
- In any enclosed space for public use or open to the public
- In any outdoor space where due to the mass of people, it is not possible to maintain a minimum distance of 1.5 meters between them, except for people who live together
- On the modes of transport: air, sea, bus, rail, including docks and passenger stations, or cable cars, as well as other public and private passenger transport in vehicles that can accommodate up to nine people, including including the driver, if the occupants of the passenger vehicle do not share the same residence.
- For passengers of ships or ships, it will not be necessary to wear a mask in the individual cabins, or in the exterior spaces of the boat where it is possible to maintain a distance of 1.5 meters
- At large outdoor events, when participants are standing or sitting, it is not possible to maintain a distance of 1.5 meters between people, except for people who live together