An Illawarra cafe is on a growing list of COVID-19 exposure sites across NSW as the suburban cluster now has six cases.
The addition of the Broken Drum Cafe to Fairy Meadow comes after a man who tested positive for the virus visited the scene.
The Sydney man in his 30s had also visited Bondi, Surry Hills and Westfield Bondi Junction. His infection was reported last night but missed the 8:00 p.m. reporting period and will be counted in tomorrow’s figures.
The other new case today was a woman in her 40s who lives in the Bondi Junction area. How and when she became infected was still unknown, but she regularly walked through the Westfield Mall, NSW Health Minister Brad Hazzard said.
These latter two cases join the 60-year-old limo driver who experienced the onset of symptoms around June 13 and was the first reported case in the eastern suburbs cluster. It was discovered that he had contracted the highly infectious Delta strain.
His wife was then diagnosed with the coronavirus. Her case was quickly followed up by a woman in her sixties who was sitting in front of the Belle Café de Vaucluse at the same time as the limousine driver was inside the room.
Health officials believe there must have been a cross-event between the two people at some point because the woman also contracted the Delta strain.
It was reported yesterday that a man in his 50s had been infected after standing near the limo driver for a few seconds.
Prime Minister Gladys Berejiklian said it was frightening how a “fleeting passage” is all it takes in some cases for the virus to spread.
Due to the epidemic, wearing a mask on public transport is mandatory in Greater Sydney until next Thursday.
Further restrictions have been ruled out at this point, but authorities have urged residents of the eastern suburbs to minimize their exposure to others.
As the number of sites visited by infectious cases increases, residents of NSW have also been urged to check regularly NSW Health website for exhibition site updates.
As of 5:00 p.m. Saturday, the following were identified by NSW Health as areas of concern.
Anyone who visited Bondi Junction, including the parking lot, at the following times was asked to take a COVID-19 test, even if they had no symptoms.
- Westfield Bondi Junction, 500 Oxford Street, June 12 from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Westfield Bondi Junction, 500 Oxford Street, June 13 from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Anyone who has visited the following locations is considered close contact and urged to immediately test and self-isolate for 14 days.
- David Jones Bondi, 500 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction, June 12 from 10:55 am to 11:15 am
- Harry’s Coffee Kitchen, 500 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction, June 15 from 3:10 p.m. to 3:55 p.m.
- Myer Bondi, 500 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction, June 12 from 11:15 am to 11:50 am
- Tea Gardens Hotel, 2-4 Bronte Road, Bondi Junction, June 13 from 5:00 p.m. to 5:15 p.m.
- Levain Bakery, 500 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction, June 11, 12:35 p.m. to 12:50 p.m.
- David Jones Bondi Level 1, 500 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction, June 15 from 3:55 p.m. to 4:15 p.m.
- Event Cinema, 500 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction, June 13 from 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- The Broken Drum Cafe, 6/78 Princes Highway, Daisy Street, Fairy Meadow, June 18 from 10:20 a.m. to 10:40 a.m.
- Harris Farms, Shop B1, 51-57 Norton Street, Leichhardt, June 15 from 9:50 a.m. to 10:05 a.m.
- Amaroo Tavern, Amaroo Drive, Moree, June 4, 4:50 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Adora Handmade Chocolates, 2/325 King Street, June 13 from 2 to 3 p.m.
- Café Macquarie Park Cemetery, Macquarie Park Cemetery, Corner Delhi Road and Plassey Road, June 15 from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Northmead Bowling Club, 166 Windsor Rd, Northmead, June 13, 3:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- The Twisted Olive, 684 Bourke Street, Redfern, June 13 from 12:50 p.m. to 1:20 p.m.
- Wax Car Wash Cafe, 375 Cleveland Street, Redfern, June 14 from 12:25 p.m. to 1:10 p.m.
- Rocco’s, 103B Laguna Street, June 14 from 10:55 am to 11:30 am
- Belle Café, 103 New South Head Road, Vaucluse, June 11 from 9:15 a.m. to 9:50 a.m. June 12 from 10:20 am to 10:45 am. June 12 from 1:20 p.m. to 1:50 p.m. June 13 from 11:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. June 15 from 9:50 a.m. to 10:25 a.m.
- Washoku, 52 New South Head Road, Vaucluse, June 12 from 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Anyone who has frequented the following places is considered casual contact and is encouraged to get tested and self-isolate until a negative result.
- The Health Emporium, 263-265 Bondi Road, Bondi, June 15 from 12:15 p.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Fruitologist, 151 Bondi Road, Bondi, June 15 from 12:15 p.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Aldi, Eastgate Bondi Junction, 71-91 Spring Street, June 14 from 11:20 a.m. to 11:50 a.m.
- Bondi Junction Interchange Food Court, 422 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction, June 15 from 3:05 p.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- Bondi Junction Westfield Level 5 Food court, 500 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction, June 13 from 1:15 p.m. to 1:45 p.m.
- Daiso, 430 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction, June 16 from 12:00 p.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Eastgate Bondi Junction – Ground Floor Food Court, 71-91 Spring Street, June 14 from 11:15 am to 11:25 am
- Ichiban Boshi, 1 / 171-173 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction, June 16 from 11:40 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Miter10, 452 Oxford Street, June 16 from 12:15 p.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Myer Bondi Junction Level 2, 500 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction, June 13 from 10:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- NAB at Westfield, 500 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction, June 15 from 2:45 p.m. to 3:10 p.m.
- Woolworths, Westfield Bondi Junction, 500 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction, June 14 from 2:15 p.m. to 2:40 p.m. June 13 from 4 p.m. to 4:20 p.m.
- The Alkalizer, Campbelltown Council Building, 91 Queen Street, June 15, 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Spotlight on Castle Hill, 12 Victoria Avenue, June 15 from 11 a.m. to 11:20 a.m.
- Content International Design and Luxury Store, 19 / 20C Hills Super Center North 18 Victoria Ave, June 15 from 11:20 am to 11:45 am
- Birkenhead Point Brand Outlet, 19 Roseby Street, June 15 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Flower Power Garden Center, 609 Old Northern Road, Glenhaven, June 12 from 2:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Eden Gardens, 307 Lane Cove Road, Macquarie Park, June 13 from 12:30 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Stocklands Merrylands Shopping Center, Merrylands, 1 Pitt Street June 14 from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Café Omega, 145 Balo Street, Moree, June 4 from 7:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. and from 1:50 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Greenwood Grocer, Greenwood Plaza. lower level, 71/36 Blue Street, North Sydney, June 15 from 5:00 p.m. to 5:20 p.m.
- IKEA, Tempe, 634-726 Princes Highway, Tempe June 16 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Decathlon, 634-726 Princes Highway, Tempe, June 16 from 12:00 p.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Field to Fork, 101 New South Head Road, Vaucluse, June 11 from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Plants Plus, 95 Castle Hill Road, West Pennant Hills, June 12, 12:30 p.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Coles, East Village Shopping Center, O’Dea Avenue, Zetland, June 14 from 12:05 p.m. and 12:10 p.m.
- East Village Shopping Center, O’Dea Avenue, Zetland, East Village 4 Defries Avenue, June 14 from 11:45 a.m. to 12:20 p.m.
- Lorna Jane, Zetland, East Village Shopping Center, T12A East Village, 4 Defries Avenue, June 14 from 12:00 p.m. to 12:05 p.m.
- Taste Growers East Village Shopping Center, Shop 39/2 Defries Avenue, Zetland, June 14 from 11:50 am to 12:05 pm